Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Audrey at 5 weeks

Audrey had her 1 month doctors appointment last week and came home with a good bill of health. She weighed in at 9lbs 3oz and is now 20 1/4 inches long. She's sleeping really well at night now even though most of that sleeping is done with me instead of in her crib. There is progress being made though. Just last weekend she slept about 3 hours each night in her crib. Now I just need to figure out how to get her to go back down after our night feedings. I'm not worried though, she'll get there eventually or I should say we'll get there eventually ...it's a team effort thing.
I'm feeling much better too since my whole ordeal. My incision has finally healed nicely now and I'm pretty much already back to my pre-pregnancy weight (there still seems to be a visible pregnancy pooch though ...I'll work on that). The breastfeeding is definitely the most challenging of all in my opinion. I was definitely ready to throw in the towel when I experienced my first clogged milk duct. I don't think I've ever experienced anything so painful in my life (...remember I didn't have to go through labor)! I fought through it though and after only a day of suffering we finally got past it and are back on our regular feeding schedule. So my goal is still three months ...God give me strength!



5 comments:

Krista said...

Oh my...you've been busy! This update was worth the wait. She's changing so much every day :) Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

She's getting so big, good to hear things are going good. See ya soon!

Jen

Hope Mike enjoyed his 1st Father's Day!

Heather said...

I love the picture of you and Audrey sleeping..so peaceful;) ..

I'm sending my good vibes over to you during your breastfeeding. ..maybe they'll work better for you than they did me;)

Kele C said...

Wow 5 weeks and pre-prego weight, what an inspiration you are!! For those of us still in a holdin pattern your progress is exciting! I'm a bit scared of that milk duct thing but good to know you got through!

Love the pic of Mike and Audrey on his knee! So cute!

Kele C said...

Thank you! I'm glad to here (iknow i'm a little slow) how things really go with other baby's, breastfeeding really is as hard as everyone says it is!