Monday, February 11, 2008

Week 24 (6 Months)

We're finally at the 6 month mark and things are progressing very well. I had my 24th week check up last week but there is very little to report ...except for my weight gain which is anything but little. According to the doctor I've gained 15lbs already which I contribute to the fact that I've discovered a sweet tooth during this pregnancy. I'm not worried though, my doctor says my weight gain is healthy, as is my blood pressure and Audrey's heartbeat. My next check-up is in 3 weeks. At that time I will begin my rotation with all the doctors in the practice and have a bunch of tests run, most of which I can't remember what for but I'll be sure to blog about it when the time comes.
Aside from all that we also (finally!) made a decision on our nursery furniture which should arrive at our door by this coming Wednesday. Over the past couple of weeks we've slowly been getting Audrey's room ready for her arrival but we'll have to wait one more week to set up her furniture because this Friday we leave for sunny Florida to visit Mike's parents. This is a much needed vacation for the both of us so we don't mind putting her room on hold for just one more week. She seems to be cozy where she's at for now anyway.
Well that's all for now. You're probably wondering why I haven't posted a belly shot with this blog but to be honest with you I'm really getting sick of the prison pose ...so I promise to post some of our vacation pictures next week once we return. Plus you'll also get to see Mike's sympathy weight gain too ;)

5 comments:

Krista said...

I'm just as happy as a lark, whatever that means?! :) Have fun in sunny Florida...maybe you'll bring some back with you! Lil' Audrey Lea...your Aunt Krista is busting at the seams to meet you!!!! 6 down...3 to go!

Christa said...

I'm so glad your doing so well. Enjoy the sunshine for all of us! Can't wait for Andre to have a new play mate. They should be about the same size buy then. This last 3 months is gonna go by so fast.

Coach Mike (aka Rusty) said...

Oooh! Oooh! Be sure to pose for some sexy belly shots in a bikini at the beach while you're in sunny FLA! Those will add a perfect summery touch to your blog in the winter time. And you have to admit: It's not the classic "prison" pose.

Keep up all the good work, Mommy!

Anonymous said...

Have a good time and Happy 30th to you. I hope you down a couple of O'douls to celebrate. Rub budda for me.

love,danielle

Heather Shea said...

O.K., I'm waiting for vacation pic's! I need to see a growing budda belly!!!! Post some soon.....Love you!!!!