Thursday, February 28, 2008

27 Weeks ...and 27 Tums a day!

Is it Spring yet?!? I'm starting to get cabin fever, as I always do this time of year, but I'm even more anixous for Spring then ever so I can also meet this little being inside of me that is causing all this heartburn! If the myth about heartburn and the baby having alot of hair is true then there just might be a monkey in there!
I had a doctors check up earlier in the week and things are progressing nicely. Audrey's heartbeat is at 140bpm, which is the norm, and I've gained a total of 20lbs so far. They tested me for glucose, anemia, and the Rh antibodies(this is because I'm an A- blood type which can create antibodies that could potentially harm the baby ...but the chances are slim). I haven't gotten the results for any of those tests yet but I'm certain all is fine. We also met with our peditrician this week, who happened to be my peditrican as well, oh and not to mention Audrey's new best friend Sam Zeller goes too (found that out as we ran into Heather and Sam in the lobby ...small world,huh?). Aside from a peditrician we also have to meet with a hemotologist next week just in case Audrey inherts my hereditery blood disorder, Sphereocytosis (Wow! I'm just making life difficult for this little one). Our fingers are crossed that she dosen't but at least we'll have our ducks in a row if thats her fate.
The nursery is coming along. We put together her crib and changing table this weekend (...I should say Mike did, I watched). The photos are of Mike hard at work putting them together. I was going to post an end result photo but I'm just not ready to share the room yet ...not until it's 100% finshed. George was wondering what all the ruckus was in his room ...he wasn't too happy about having to give it up but I think once he meets little Audrey he'll understand!



Hi Daddy!


...look at him go!


"What's going on in my room?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your new blog made me get super excited for you. Not that i was not before but the last months make it feel "lmost" real. Like holy S##T I am going to have a baby because now she has a bed. Ahhhh love it!

P.S. Have Fun

Anonymous said...

oh hello by the way the message above is from danielle

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished room and meet the little one. It's going to be here before you know it.....I forgot about the heartburn...yuk.

Cindy

Coach Mike (aka Rusty) said...

Does that crib come with slide-outs and a retractable awning? I can't wait to see it.

I agree with Danielle's comment completely. When we built the crib, the house completely changed. It suddenly became "the baby's room." As for being "almost real," well, for us it was literally the day that Christa went into labor. Go figure.

Please keep blogging frequently. Since Christa and I skipped the third trimester, I'm looking forward to watching you and Mike in these final months. It'll be totally cool to learn from you guys. Keep up the good work!

Heather said...

George'(um the spanish version) seems to be giving you guys a dirty look...lol! Can't wait to see the finished nursery!