Thursday, July 17, 2008

Booger Update




I know it's been a while since our last update but we've been pretty busy around here. Last week my sister Heather came in for my sister Sara's wedding shower. This was the first time Audrey got to meet her Aunt Heather and her cousin Max (cousin Jackson didn't make the trip this time). She was very excited to meet them however her "growth spurt" got the best of her and she sleep most the weekend :( hence the lack of photos. The whole Shea family will be in town in September though for the wedding so we'll be sure to get lots of cousin photos then.

Audrey also went to the doctors last week for her 2 month check up ...and those darn shots :( That was heart breaking however I think she handled it like a trooper. She now weights 12lbs 7oz and is 22 inces long. According to the doc that means she's in the 75-90th percentile for weight and the 50th percentile for height. In essences, she'll be short and fat! No, I'm just kidding however she is filling out quite nicely ...and that's just on breastmilk.

Speaking of breastmilk, we're coming to the home stretch for breastfeeding. I always said I'd give it three months and that's just 2 1/2 weeks away. I'm still going back and forth with it but with all the problems I've had I think it would be wise for me to just throw in the towel however there's something in me that is makeing me second guess that. Perhaps it's the cost of formula! I don't know, but whatever it is I can now see why women breastfeed for year and sometimes beyond. It's a bond that's really hard to give up.

In two weeks I'm leaving Audrey and Mike for the weekend. It's Sara's bachlorette weekend and it will be my first time away (not counting my frequent hospital trips in the begining). I'm really apprehensive about it however I know they'll be just fine without me. Maybe that's what hurts the most ...well, I'll blog about it when I get back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute pics of the baby and sisters. heather has a great pic of mike and audrey on her blog. so candid and sweet. it was nice to hang with all the kiddies at krista's.

love ya,
danielle

Kele C said...

its so hard to decide when to stop breastfeeding, but i heard its done wonders for your baby weight! You've deffinaly inspired me to last a little longer!