Monday, May 5, 2008

36 Weeks

So I have to print a retraction from my last blog. Turns out that Audrey is not head down as the doctor had first thought. On Friday we did an ultrasound and sure enough she's breech! Not only is she breech though, she's footling breech meaning her little tootsies would be the first thing to pop out should my water break. This causes a vaginal birth to be really dangerous for her because the umbilical cord could also come out with her feet cutting off her oxygen supply. With that said, it's obvious, that if she doesn't turn head down within the next few days (before Friday) we'll be scheduling a c-section. I'm not sure when yet but I would think sooner rather than later due to the potential harm to her should I go into labor. Of coarse this hasn't help ease my anxiety about giving birth. I'm okay with a c-section if that's the safest way to deliver her but now I have a whole new set of fears regarding her birth. Everyone I've talked about this has been so great with trying to turn this negative into a positive ...and we really do appreciate the support ...however until I have my daughter in my arms I really can't help but have my uncertainties. I'm so ready to turn my pregnancy hat in for the mom one!

Next doctors appointment is Friday morning ...stay tuned!

5 comments:

Krista said...

Oh lil' Audrey, is your Aunt Krista going to have to have a talk with you!? Flip baby flip!!!

Jocelyn Edin said...

It will be okay no matter how it turns out. Many, many women go through c-sections and it is difficult but it's all called 'labor', right? Time for Mike to give you a belly massage :)

Sending you happy thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Well if it's a scheduled c-section at least you water shouldn't break while your out :-)

I'm sure everything will be fine - can't wait to meet little Audrey!

Jen

Kele C said...

Flip baby Flip! Ouch, nobody likes those kinds of unexpected surprises! I hear you with the exchanging of hats, what a great optimistic way of saying it! Good luck to you! I'll be thinking of you this week!

Heather said...

I just know that whatever way you bring Audrey into this world you'll be great at! ..so maybe it'll be c-section maybe not, as long as you and Audrey stay healthy and safe, really that's all that matters!