Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yeah for Audrey!

Audrey's first week at daycare is in the books! I thought this was going to be the start of a very stressful time for all of us, getting use to a new day to day routine, however the first week has come and gone rather smoothly. Plus, not to mention, the weekend before daycare we discovered another tooth rearing it's head but she's been a trooper. Her sleeping habits have even made a change for the better. She's up later which means she's sleeping in. This past weekend she slept in until 7:30am (...yes, anything past 6:00am is sleeping in)! She also took a 3 hour nap on Sunday. The first couple of days at daycare were a little rough but that was expected. She would only nap in Kelly's (daycare lady) arms however today, just six days into it, she napped for 2 hours in the pack n play. She still has a few challenges to overcome, like sharing a room at nap time for instance. For three days a week she has to share a room with a boy her age (Jaxon ...like her cousin Jackson) and they are both having some trouble getting use to each other presence. I assume, as does the ladies at daycare, that eventually they'll get use to each others noises and sleep right through them ...our fingers crossed anyway.
My job is going good. I picked up right where I left off and keeping very busy. I'm lucky enough to be able to leave a 4pm to pick up Audrey however I continue to work from home after she's down for the night. It's a small price to pay in order to spend more time with her before she goes to bed. She's changing so much each day that I'm afraid if I blink I might miss something.

Mike has taught her to clap her hands:

6 comments:

Krista said...

So freakin' cute!!! :) I can't wait to see her tonight.

Kele C said...

I'm so glad to hear that your all doing well! So great that she's adapting to the changes well! I'm so happy that things are going as well as possible. Good luck not missing anything, that is the hard part!

Melissa said...

Wow, a 3 hr nap? Maybe Tatym needs to go to daycare :) I'm so happy for you and Audrey that this has been a smooth transition.
-Melissa

Heather said...

Audrey just wanted some independance:) I'm glad that she is doing so well in daycare..that makes things so much easier on mom! ..Yay Audrey, we're all very proud of you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are working out with Audrey in daycare as well as at home napping longer and sleeping in and now clapping?
Yeah Audrey!
What a cutie! I love the video blogs!
Give Audrey a hug for me!
Donna

Coach Mike (aka Rusty) said...

Yeah, Audrey!!!