Tuesday, January 13, 2009

ummm ...Pancakes!

Audrey indulged in some pancakes over the weekend and we were able to get a quick (phone camera) shot of her excitement over the grand taste of buttermilk and maple syrup! Who knew solid foods could taste so good!

She's on the verge of crawling but we're not rushing it, for obvious reasons! Next week Tuesday will be her first day at daycare. I have been dreading this day ever since I first decided to go back to work however I'm starting to get some good vibes about it. Those vibes started Friday when I took Audrey with me to the daycare to get the enrollment papers started. As I went over the paperwork she sat playing and at one point all the children, who were all older than her by two or more years, circled her and sang the ABC's to her, almost as if they were serenading her. I wish I had a camera because Audrey's reaction to this was priceless! And then yesterday the good vibes continued while she spent some time with Danielle and Ella when I went to the doctors. They played so much in the hour that I was gone that Audrey actually fell asleep on the couch, something she hasn't done in almost 4 months. She then followed that up with a two hour nap at home (thanks Danielle)! I really hope this is the behavior that continues during week one of OPERATION: DAYCARE ...I'll blog all about it next week. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Good Luck next week! And yes, I have to say that daycare sure wipes our baby's out! ...all that stimulation! I'm sure she'll be great and will just love having other babies to play with!

Welcome back to the work force...a little overwhelming to play mom and worker..but everyone will adjust in time!

Krista said...

Who doesn't love anything covered with maple syrup!?!? :) YUM!

As for daycare...and as with everything so far, I look to you for advice once you go through the experience. I'm sure she'll do great!! And just think of all the new friends she'll be making :) As for you, I'm sure it will be the hardest thing to do...but you're a VERY strong person and I know you will do great!!

Anonymous said...

Audrey is so cute!
Pancakes and maple syrup does it get any better then that? Well, maybe belgian waffles just ask Heather!
I wish you the best luck next week. Going back to work and being a Mom is what makes us Moms realize just how special we are to handle both jobs while trying to be sane! It all works out in time.

Anonymous said...

Ella and I loved having Baby Audrey over....baby audrey baby audrey lol. I am glad she napped that long for you. what did you do with yourself?

Good luck with everything next week.
love, danielle

Kele C said...

What a happy adorable little girl!! But who isn't that happy when they get pancakes! We'll be thinking about you next week but its great to hear she's excited about haveing a new social seane.

The Nelson Family said...

Good luck next week. Sounds like you found a great day-care and that Audrey will have lots of fun.

Cindy

Kele C said...

Just wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you, i know this week had to have been hard but i hope it was nice seing some familiar faces at work. hope your doing well and that Audry is saving her best smiles for when mommy gets home! Besides i bet she's got lots of new friends now, what a lucky girl.