Sunday, December 14, 2008

Presents? Who needs presents when you have the paper?

So if anyone was wondering what to get Audrey for Christmas just go ahead and forget the present and just give her the wrapping paper, she'll be entertained for hours! The above pictures, compliments of Heather Z, were taken at Sammy's 1st birthday party. Sam had a lot of presents to open and Audrey was just happy to sit back and watch as long as she had some wrapping paper to play with. Just a couple of days prior to this I discovered her new found love for paper as I was browsing through a magazine that she just insisted on having. I tore out a page and gave it to her and she was happy as a lark ...and then so was I.
We went to the Hematologist last week to test her for Spherocytosis however we don't get the results back until later this week. The good news though, her hemoglobin levels where normal which is a good indication that she'll test negative (knock on wood) but we still have our fingers crossed.
We've also been very busy this week in trying to master the bottle. I'll tell you what, she is definitely a Taurus, sign of the bull! The first day I gave her the bottle she took it like a champ ...sucked it right down! I was in shock, and I'll admit even a little heart broken, but happy that it went over so easily. Then the next day came and she looked at it like it was the most evil thing she'd ever seen, and that's where we've been for the past three days. She is being so stubborn that she'd rather just skip a meal then to have to drink from a bottle or even a sippy cup. I really wonder what we are in for when she starts going to daycare. Yep, that's right, mom is going back to work full time, hopefully sometime soon within the new year. I'll post more about that when or if the time comes. First things first ...OPERATION: Bottle intake! Stay tuned ;)
Below is a picture, compliments of Krista, of our little snow bunny! She's such a trooper when we feel it's necessary to bundle her up in this cold, cold Michigan weather.



6 comments:

Sweet Rose Photography said...

Look at all those smiles!! She looks so cute! :-) Hugs and kisses from Aunt Heather!

Krista said...

I just love the bunny pic :) She's so adorable!! I could just eat her up.

Danielle Maliszewski said...

Cute pics. And you are right with paper maybe give her some bows and ribbons too and let her go crazy. lol.

danielle

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to finally meet Audrey! She is such a cutie pie!
I was really glad that she let me hold her as long as she did.
Hopefully I'll see her again while she still likes to be held!
Happy "1st" Christmas Audrey!
I hope Santa brings you all the paper and gift wrap that your hoping for! :)xxxx oooo
(Sammy's Grandma)

Heather said...

Audrey is very lucky that Sammy didn't want that paper...because as we all know my little "bruiser" would have gotten it back from her..lol! What a little sweetie.

Kele C said...

Love the bunny picture what a happy camper she is! Sorry to hear about going back to work i know you were so excited about the stay at home Job! I am excited to start subbing when i finnaly get to move back to michigan at least a day or two a week maybe, as this stay at home job is tough after a while!