Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good News!

Test results are back ...she is Spherocytosis free! Yippee! The doctor said her results confirm that she currently shows no signs of the hereditary gene. It is possible though, as her immune system matures, that she could start to develops some (I wasn't diagnosed with it until I was 2 years old), however he's very optimistic that she'll be healthy this time next year as well. We're optimistic too however we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

She's starting to take a bottle in the afternoon now. It's still somewhat of a battle however I think she's becoming more receptive to it, especially if Mike gives it to her. This is good news because come mid January I will be going back to my previous job full time again. Mike and I have some work to do between now and then, first and foremost finding her a daycare. That's all I'm going to write on this for now because my stomach starts to turn whenever I think about it (...God grant me the strength...)!

I still have a lot of Christmas shopping to do so I'm grateful that tomorrow is Mike's last day at work until after the New Year! Audrey will love spending all that time with her dad too! Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh I'm so happy about the results..yeah Audrey! And I have nothing but good thoughts and support going your way when choosing your daycare..God knows I know where you're coming from!

Krista said...

YEAH!!!! So happy to hear the wonderful news :) She's growing so fast...she's in a big girl highchair and everything!!!

Jocelyn Edin said...

Lots of smiles now! So happy about the doctor's news. Great to hear at Christmas time. And daycare will work out. It'll be good for Audrey to interact with other wee ones and it will make you appreciate your time with her that much more (it's still hard, but there are a few positives!)