Friday, August 8, 2008

Bachlorette Party

So last Friday was my first night away from Audrey. I have to admit it really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be to leave. Don't get me wrong I was so ready to come back after 24 hours away but it was indeed nice to just get away. There were 13 girls that joined us in Put-In-Bay for Sara's Bachlorette party, 3 of which are new moms so we decided to only stay for the one night. We had a really good time starting with a nice dinner on the water, then drinks and dancing followed by beautiful sunshine by the pool the next day.
Mike and Audrey were on there own for the night and they did just fine without me. Audrey was putting up a fuss the week before my departure in regards to taking a bottle from him but we quickly learned that she'll take it with no problems as long as I'm no where to be found. Mike said the night was long (welcome to my world), and went by with very little sleep (...again, welcome to my world) but all was well. I'd like to say that she lit up with excitement when I got home however I'm not really convinced she even knew I was gone. It's okay though, I'd hate to think she'd be misserable without me because there will be many more Daddy/Daugther overnight events still to come!

2 comments:

Jocelyn Edin said...

It's so good to give Daddy a dose of Mama life. So glad you had a fun night away with your sis. PIB really is great for bachelorette parties. Hope Sara had a blast :)

Anonymous said...

are you guys twins? lol. had a great time with you last weekend. so much for thinking we went to bed early. 4 and 5 am. yeah we still have it in us. might take us out for a week afterwards (at least myself) but yeah we still got it. haha

love ya, danielle